There are many ways to get involved with the Young Leadership Council. We’re currently growing in the following areas:
- Administrative: We are looking for members who possess a talent of excellent note taking and organizational skills. Members in the role are responsible for recording notes, adding action items for the group post-meeting, and preparing the agenda prior to internal YLC meetings. (Monthly, Regional, Committees)
- Advocacy Ambassador: Advocate on behalf of liver patients, their caregivers and all those affected by liver disease for increased federal research funding, public health education, and improved patient treatments and coverage. The Advocacy Ambassador serves as the lead volunteer for their congressional district to foster relationships with their representative’s office. Members in this role collaborate with ALF’s Advocacy team to educate legislators about liver health and how they can support our efforts.
- Development: Leverage your personal and professional network to secure sponsorships, donations, and leads to increase revenue and participation at ALF. Members in this role works directly with the development team to support programs, campaigns, initiatives, and events to cultivate meaningful partnerships.
- Networking/Social Events: These social planners create and executes internal networking gatherings for YLC Members to engage and connect throughout the YLC. This includes virtual and in-person engagements scheduled once a month.
- Recruitment– Help us expand our reach! Members in this role are responsible for recruiting volunteers and participants for events and initiatives, posting to volunteer sites, setting up and running recruitment events, and developing liver communities throughout the country to enlist new members and grow involvement for ALF.
- Special Events: ALF hosts a wide range of fundraising events that bring local communities together in support of our mission. Members in this role volunteer and participate in ALF’s signature events such as Liver Life Walk, Liver Life Challenge, or the National Legacy Gala Auction Committee.
What to expect once you apply:
If you’ve been looking for a long-term volunteer opportunity where you can meet other young professionals, grow and use your professional skills, and support an organization that greatly impacts the lives of people with liver disease, consider joining.
Within 1-2 weeks of joining, we’ll reach out and set up an introductory phone call and you’ll be invited to join our next Young Leadership Council meeting to see what we’re currently up to. We can’t wait to meet you! If you have any questions please contact Kayla Villneurve at firstname.lastname@example.org